This post isn’t necessarily about attorney marketing, but it’s about how to leverage YouTube to bring in more clients.
We came across a great post by a local Akron CrossFit gym on their YouTube blog. The post was about how to increase views by ranking the video up high in Google, Bing and Yahoo Searches.
They offered up a number of really great tips and insights on how to do it – the video can be seen below:
The video doesn’t offer a ton of insights about how they did it, but using our marketing skills here is what we have deduced:
- They used the keyword multiple times in the title
- They used the keyword when naming the core file that they uploaded to YouTube
- They used other YouTube accounts to link to this video within YouTube
The third aspect is really the key point. Almost everyone knows how to include keywords in their YouTube videos so we aren’t going to sit here and write about that point.
However, not everyone knows about how to build links within YouTube, so I am going to focus on that.
Everyone knows that the links from YouTube are nofollow – in other words, search engines don’t factor them in to the ranking factor.
What not many people know, is that links within YouTube are dofollow.
That means you can build links from one video to another, which count as very powerful PR9 links to your video.
This tells search engines that the YouTube community is talking about your video, so the search engines should probably show it.
The way you do this is simple, but very time consuming. I recommend you have your VA do it for you:
- Create 20 new Gmail accounts
- Create 20 new YouTube accounts from within those Gmail accounts
- Set up the YouTube accounts themed based on what you want the video to rank for. In other words, if your video is based on Attorney marketing, create an Attorney marketing YouTube channel
- Deck out the channel with images, profile information and profile links
- Populate the channel with 3 different videos, all named differently
- Take the YouTube URL from the video that you would like to rank and place it on each of the videos on the other accounts
- Make sure you put something discrete in the description box
Do this for each of the 20 accounts over a 15 – 30 day period of time.
This will build out a ton of high quality PR links (FREE by the way) that will help to greatly push up your videos ranking.
If you have any questions about this process, you can check out the guys YouTube channel by searching for “CrossFit Akron”.